- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
Our Congratulations To...
The Cylinder Society Class of 2016.
From Publication Gravure (L-R above) Cylinder Society member Dave Schirmer, PubWorx pictured with inductee Matt Huber, JCPenney. Also inducted, but not pictrued are Terri Welsch, Shopko; Andrew Gruber, J.S. Eliezer.
From Packaging, Product and Label Gravure (L-R above) Cylinder Society President Hubert Metzger, Chema Technology; pictured with inductees Scott Thrift, Altria Group; Eric Serenius, Ohio Gravure Technologies; Gary White, Pamarco
Click here to view all society members and learn more about the Cylinder Society.
Golden Cylinder Award Winners
Congratulations to all the 2016 Golden Cylinder Award winners!
Winners in the Publication market segment were announced at the Print Media Conference on November 16th. "Best of the Best" in this category went to Quad/Graphics, Inc. for the National Geographic October 2015 issue.
Winners in the Packaging, Product and Label Gravure market segments were announced at the GAAmericas Technical Forum on October 13th. The judges' scores were tied for "Best of the Best" so two outstanding entries were chosen; Mundet, Tennessee for Blend 27 Promotional Outerwrap, pictured accepting their Award and UKRPlastic of Kiyv Ukraine for Wet-Wipes for Babies.
Gravure Association of the Americas
Our organization provides a forum for the exchange of specialized information through a network of GAAmericas councils which address unique concerns and encourage the use of gravure.
Gravure is an advanced, high-tech printing process operating the fastest and widest printing presses in the world, and was the first printing process to employ a totally digital environment.
GAAmericas promotes the gravure printing process for publication printing, package printing and product printing.
Become a member of GAAmericas!
Some benefits of membership include:
- Network with other members from around the world - print buyers, suppliers and printers throughout the industry.
- Access to the GAAmericas technical resources & articles.
- Learn More »
Learn about GAAmericas:
Please support the GEF! Shop online using the Amazon Smile link and you also support the Gravure Education Foundation. Click here to learn more!
Mike Keating of Keating Gravure Cylinders was honored with the innaugural GAAmericas Gravure Legacy Award presented to him during the GAAmericas Technical Forum. The Legacy Award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the Gravure industry over their lifetime. Mike is pictured below with Hubert Metzger, another industry stalwart.
Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals