- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
Our Congratulations To...
The Cylinder Society Class of 2016.
From Packaging, Product and Label Gravure (L-R above) Cylinder Society President Hubert Metzger, Chema Technology; Scott Thrift, Altria Group; Eric Serenius, Ohio Gravure Technologies; Gary White, Pamarco
Publication Gravure inductees will ba posted following the Print Media Conference in November.
Click here to view all society members and learn more about the Cylinder Society.
Golden Cylinder Award Winners
The 2016 Golden Cylinder Award winners in the Packaging, Product and Label Gravure market segments were announced at the GAAmericas Technical Forum during a special luncheon held on October 13th. The judges' scores were tied for "Best of the Best" so two outstanding entries were chosen; Mundet, Tennessee for Blend 27 Promotional Outerwrap, pictured accepting their Award and UKRPlastic of Kiyv Ukraine for Wet-Wipes for Babies.
Gravure Association of the Americas
Our organization provides a forum for the exchange of specialized information through a network of GAAmericas councils which address unique concerns and encourage the use of gravure.
Gravure is an advanced, high-tech printing process operating the fastest and widest printing presses in the world, and was the first printing process to employ a totally digital environment.
GAAmericas promotes the gravure printing process for publication printing, package printing and product printing.
Become a member of GAAmericas!
Some benefits of membership include:
- Network with other members from around the world - print buyers, suppliers and printers throughout the industry.
- Access to the GAAmericas technical resources & articles.
- Learn More »
Learn about GAAmericas:
Michael Keating of Keating Gravure Cylinders was honored with the innaugural GAAmericas Gravure Legacy Award presented to him during the GAAmericas Technical Forum. The Legacy Award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the Gravure industry over their lifetime. Michael is pictured below with Hubert Metzger, another industry stalwart.
The ERA's Packaging & Decorative Gravure Conference will be held in Kiev, Ukraine on November 3-4, 2016. Click here to review the brochure.
Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals