- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
All 2011 Conferences
Golden Cylinder Awards Luncheon for Publication Catgeories
Date: November 16-18, 2011
The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club
The GPC Conference has been going strong for 25 years! Come join us to celebrate this milestone. The conference committee has put together a program more than worthy of this occasion...it is a must-attend event if you are involved in gravure publishing. Please click on the bochure cover above to read the program details.
We are planning another acuction which will take place during the conference to support the Gravure Education Foundation. Click here to see the LIST OF AUCTION ITEMS!
|Catalyst Paper (USA) Inc.||Graphic Communications|
|Horizon Paper Co., Inc.||Myllykoski North America|
|NewPage Corp.||Resolute Forest Products|
|Quad/Graphics, Inc.||RR Donnelley|
|UPM||Verso Paper Corp.|
|Scout Sourcing, Inc.|
GAA Printed Electronics and Intelligent Packaging Symposium
Date: October 4-6, 2011
Clemson, South Carolina
Your company has the opportunity to become a Symposium Sponsor and really stand out during the event. Click here to learn what your company will gain by being either a Presenting or Supporting Sponsor.
Printed Electronics is a business opportunity for the Gravure Market and that opportunity is TODAY. The symposium will provide participants with an opportunity to learn from leading researchers, packaging professionals , brand strategists and printed electronics solution providers about key technologies, high-value applications and high growth markets for printed electronics in packaging, point of purchase and signage. Manufacturing, technology, consumer packaging, printing and retail as well as research will also be addressed.
GAA Packaging & Product Technology Conference
Theme: GRAVURE…The Premier Process of Choice
In the big picture, gravure excels at Packaging customer requirements for quality, consistency, economics and brand/regulatory compliance.
Voice of the customer meets Process of Choice. Learn from ultimate users and service providers alike how growth opportunities abound in precise execution against a complex packaging need set. Growth also comes from deploying incremental and transformative technologies to create or build on gravure process specification in targeted, high impact value chains.
Date: September 14-16, 2011
Oak Brook Marriott Hotel
The Golden Cylinder Awards for the Packaging and Products categories will be held during this conference as well as the Cylinder Society inductees.
On September 14th during the reception from 5:00 - 7:30 there will be a LIVE AUCTION FEATURING BUTCH HOOVER, AUCTIONEER EXTRAORDINAIRE, to benefit the Gravure Education Foundation. COME AND JOIN THE FUN!
Featured Auction Items:
8 New Gravure Cylinders for Packaging (4 laser and 4 electromechanical)
A Set of 8 Gravure cylinders
Golden Cylinder Awards Luncheon for Packaging and Product Categories
Date: September 14, 2011
Member of the Board of Directors
Southern Graphics Systems, Inc.
President and CEO
R.R. Donnelley & Sons, Co.
September 13, 2011
Park Hyatt Chicago
800 North Michigan Avenue
GAA Environmental Workshop
Date: June 15 - 17, 2011
Hilton Washington Embassy Row
This year's workshop theme is “Sustainability & Public Policy: Solutions for our Industry.” Program highlight topics include:
- Forest Sustainability and Legislation in North America
- Recovery / Recycling / Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation / Appropriate use of PCW & Why/Review of Recovered Fiber Trends and Supply & Demand Dynamics
- Promoting the Effectiveness and Sustainability of Paper and Print
- Renewable Energy Solutions in our Industry
- Carbon Footprint LCA / New Standard for Products & Scope 3 / Use in Industry
- DMA Sustainability Mission and Programs related to Sustainability and Industry Self-Regulation
- New FTC Green Guides: Changes & Regulation / Responsible Sustainability Marketing/ How applied to campaigns---why flawed and misleading
- Water Footprint and Global Concerns / what it should mean to the customer
- Sustainable Packaging
- Environmental Paper Assessment Tool – Application in Magazine Publishing Industry
GAA Basic Gravure Seminar
Date: March 28-April 1, 2011
Western Michigan University
The Basic Gravure Seminar teaches state of the art technologies and the latest industry challenges on 26 topics covering the entire gravure printing process. So, if you are relatively new to the industry this seminar gives you a solid foundation in all areas of the gravure process. Also, the seminar fills knowledge gaps for experienced practitioners who have not been formally trained in the practice of gravure. The course includes a significant amount of press-side time for demonstration of best practices and familiarization with equipment and process essentials. This includes plenty of time for questions and actual hands-on experience with the equipment. The seminar also includes a tour of the Southern Graphics Systems facility as part of the engraving portion of the seminar.
Premedia Spectrum 2.1 Conference
Date: January 19-21, 2011
The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club
Premedia Spectrum 2.1 creates synergies across the diverse group of media professionals serving ad agencies, brand owners, retail operations, catalog and magazine publishers, packaging and label firms, prepress shops, and commercial, gravure, and specialty printing companies. Key participants will be industry suppliers and manufacturers working with premedia, information technology, and production professionals in a broad range of departments, from design, marketing, and advertising to publishing and editorial, customer service, and product branding. The conference will provide important industry overviews on market and technology trends as well as drill-down breakout sessions addressing focused market segments.
Become a Premedia Spectrum 2.1 Exhibitor or Confernce Sponsor. Download the Form to sign up and learn more.
Premedia Spectrum 2.1 Conference Sponsors
GAAmericas Management Excellence Awards
Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 Managemet Excellence Awards. Click here to donwload the form.
10 Good Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals