- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
CALL FOR ENTRIES - 2015 Golden Cylinder Awards competition is now open. Send us your best work! You never know; you just might win the coveted "Best of the Best" award! Deadline for submission is May 1, 2015. Good luck!
Judging will take place this spring in Rochester, New York. Winners will be announced at the 2015 Golden Cylinder Awards Ceremonies held during the fall conferences.
Winning a “Golden Cylinder” award is both an honor and an opportunity for you and your customer to achieve the peer recognition you so justly deserve. It increases your exposure in numerous graphic arts publications, promotes customer relations, provides tools to your sales force, and more.
Who Should Enter:
The Golden Cylinder Awards Competition is open to all GAAmericas' members and non-members. All entries must be produced during the 2014 calendar year and must use the gravure process. Entries must be production units against an order, except for the supplier innovation category. The entrant must designate the Golden Cylinder Award Category for which they are entering, subject to final review by the GAAmericas Golden Cylinder Awards Committee. Entrants will be notified of any changes in their category. Entries in the supplier innovation category must include complete description and supporting evidence of the technical innovation, including a factual statement of support from one or more customers or users.
Each entry must be accompanied by its own entry form and entry fee. An item may be entered in more than one category, but an additional entry form must be completed and the appropriate entry fee must be included. Entries using common graphics or a theme throughout a product line may be entered individually or as a family (i.e., one entry consisting of a group of pieces). Families are limited to five pieces.
Judges are selected from professionals of recognized knowledge, experience, and reputation in the gravure industry, including but not limited to designers, educators, and publishers.
If you have any questions regarding the Golden Cylinder Awards please contact Pamela Schenk.
Recent and Past Winners:
Click to view past Golden Cylinder Award winners »
10 Good Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals