- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
Support the Foundation for Gravure's Future!
Industry projections indicate a dramatic shortfall of skilled printing professionals within the next five years. This anticipated labor shortage will have damaging effects on the printing industry. You can help reverse this trend. Here’s how . . .
Make a gift to the Gravure Education Foundation to develop the future leaders of the printing industry. Your gift will support:
- A comprehensive program of student scholarshipsEducational grants to colleges and universities across the U.S.
- Gravure Day events at universities across the U.S.
All donors will be recognized:
- On GravurExchange
- At the GAA’s Annual Gravure Global Summit
Take your place among the leaders in the gravure industry who already support these educational opportunities:
Armstrong Worldwide Industries
Flint Ink Corporation
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
S & M Roto
Sun Chemical Corporation
Ways to Fund Gravure’s Future…
The Annual Fund
The GEF Annual Fund supports University Programs to ensure that students receive the very best training, which combines theory and hands-on learning. The Annual Fund also supports the administrative costs of the Foundation.
Corporate Leadership Scholarship
A gift of $2,000 annually creates a Corporate Leadership Scholarship in your company’s name. A recipient is selected based on criteria that you determine.
General Scholarship Fund
Each year, the GEF supports students at GEF-designated Gravure Resource Centers through a general GEF Scholarship Fund. Your gift in any amount will be pooled with the other gifts designated to this fund to create individual scholarships of $1,500 per recipient. Faculty at each GEF Resource Center select scholarship recipients.
Corporate Endowed Scholarship
A minimum gift of $25,000 is required to establish an endowed scholarship in your company’s name. This gift may be given upfront or may be pledged over several years. Preserving the principal, the GEF will award a scholarship annually in the amount of $1,000. A recipient is selected based on criteria that you establish.
Memorial Scholarship Fund
A gift to this fund will preserve the legacy of education and gravure industry supporters: H. Howard Flint, II, President & GEO, Flint Ink Corporation; Harry V. Quadracci, Founder & President, Quad/Graphics, Inc.; Leon C. Hart, GEF Director 1994-2000; and Werner B. (Dutch) Thiele, owner of Thiele-Engdahl, Inc. Please be sure to indicate to which scholarship fund you would like your gift directed.
The 500 Club provides an opportunity for individuals to demonstrate their commitment and support to the education of students in the gravure industry. Members of the 500 Club know the importance of helping young people develop the technical skills needed to secure employment in today’s gravure industry. Members of the 500 Club help sustain the work of the Gravure Education Foundation.
How can you join the 500 Club?
When you pledge your personal support over a five year period of $100 per year, you are a member of the 500 Club. To join, simply complete the pledge card and submit it with your payment in the amount of $100 for the first year.
THE 5K PRESSRUN
THE 5K PRESSRUN is another way for individuals to demonstrate their personal and individual commitment to the gravure industry. A donation to the Gravure Education Foundation helps the institutions an resources provide quality education and training to future employees and leaders for the gravure industry.
Members of THE 5K PRESSRUN reinforce the Mission of the GEF by pledging $5000, payable in installments of $1000 over a five-year period.
When you enter THE 5K PRESSRUN your benefits include:
- An invitation to the GEF Educators’ Breakfast
- Acknowledgement in GRAVURE Magazine and on the GEF Website
- Recognition given at the GAA Annual Leadership Summit
- Personal knowledge you contributed to the education of future leaders
- A personal tax deduction for your contribution
Just fill in the pledge card and submit your first payment in the amount of $1000 for the first year.
Both the 500 Club and the 5K PRESSRUN participate in the Matching Gift programs.
If you or your spouse are employed by a company that participates in a Matching Gift Program, you can easily DOUBLE or triple the impact of your personal donation. Check with your Human Resource Office to determine how your company handles Matching Gifts.
GAAmericas Golden Cylinder Awards
CALL FOR ENTRIES
We are now accepting entries for the 2015 Golden Cylinder Awards. Submission deadline is May 1, 2015.
10 Good Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals